- Copyright Rights: All materials posted on the Site are subject to copyrights owned by CHPA and other individuals or entities and are protected by United States and international copyright laws. Any reproduction, retransmission or republication of all or part of any document found on the Site is expressly prohibited unless CHPA or the copyright owner of the material has expressly granted its prior consent for such use. These restrictions do not apply to material provided by CHPA in the Members Only portions of the Site. All other rights reserved.
- Trade and Service Mark Rights: Our names, trademarks, service marks and logos, whether or not appearing in large print or with the trademark symbol, belong exclusively to CHPA and are protected from reproduction, imitation, dilution or confusing or misleading uses under national and international trademark and copyright laws. All other trademarks, service marks and logos (including third-party product names) are the property of their respective owners. The use or misuse of these trademarks or any materials is expressly prohibited and nothing stated or implied on this Site confers on you any license or right under any patent or trademark of CHPA or any third party.
- Links to Third-Party Sites: As a convenience to you, we may provide links on the Site to other Internet web sites. Unless we operate these other web sites, you agree that we are not responsible for the accuracy, legality or any other aspect of the content of such sites. When we include such links on the Site, we are not endorsing any third-party web site or the products or services offered on the site.
User Content: The Site may include features that allow you to post content on the Site or communicate with others. This content and communication may be submitted either on the Site or on third-party web sites that identify or are co-branded with our name or trademarks, and may include text, images, photographs, audio, video, or other material (collectively, “User Content”).
You agree not to post, or attempt to post, User Content that:
- contains any material that could be considered unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, indecent, sexually explicit, or hateful, or content that refers negatively to people or groups on the basis of their race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, or similar characteristics;
- is posted in a false name or the name of another person, or includes impersonations of any person;
- includes illegal material or encourages, solicits, or glorifies illegal activity;
- contains false statements or misrepresentations that could damage you, us, or a third party;
- includes commercial advertisements or solicitations, except if we have specifically authorized their inclusion;
- includes, purports to include, or seeks, medical or other professional advice; or
- includes material we believe in good faith to be otherwise objectionable.
License Granted: We do not claim ownership of any information or material you transmit, distribute, post, communicate or store on, to or through the Site. However, by submitting or posting information or material on, to or through the Site, you grant CHPA a world-wide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable and non-exclusive right (including any moral rights) and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such content anywhere, for any purpose, and in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional and marketing purposes.
By posting or submitting content to this Site, you also warrant and represent that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content of the public posting, and that our use of your content will not infringe or violate the intellectual property, trade secret, privacy, publicity or other rights of you or any third party.
This provision is not intended to apply to information or material provided to or shared through the Members Only portions of the Site.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
THE SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS.” CHPA MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE SITE, INCLUDING ANY PART THEREOF, OR ANY WEB SITE OR OTHER CONTENT OR SERVICE THAT MAY BE ACCESSIBLE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY THROUGH THE SITE. CHPA DISCLAIMS TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ANY AND ALL SUCH REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES.
IN NO EVENT WILL CHPA OR ITS AFFILIATES, OR ANY PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DELIVERING THIS SITE, OR ON ANY WEB SITE LINKED TO THIS SITE, BE LIABLE IN ANY MANNER WHATSOEVER FOR ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS, USE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE OR ANY SITE LINKED TO THIS SITE, OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ALTERATION, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS OR LINE OR SYSTEM FAILURE.
Choice of Law and Forum
These conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the District of Columbia, excluding its conflict of law rules. You and CHPA expressly agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts in the District of Columbia in all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of this Site.
Severability and Integration
No Professional Advice
Any information supplied on the Site and/or by any employee or agent of CHPA, whether by telephone, e-mail, letter, facsimile or other form of communication, does not constitute medical, legal, tax, accounting or other professional advice. Individual situations and state laws vary and users are encouraged to obtain appropriate advice from qualified professionals in the applicable jurisdictions.
If you have questions concerning these terms and conditions, and/or your use of the Site, pleasecontact us.
Date last modified: February 11, 2010
Copyright 2010 Consumer Healthcare Products Association. All rights reserved.